Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

ANTics by Dakota Douglas

  Zube and Brill have been friends for a very long time. They found some berries during an exploration and decided to go bring some back to the InhabitANT.  The day they decide to go, they take a smaller ant, HesitANT, with them.  It should be an easy thing to do, but it turns into an adventure the ants will never forget. They encounter the fiercest enemy they have, Puggy, the spider.  No one wants to be anywhere near Puggy. He was abandoned as a young spider because he was born with one eye missing. A spider witch saves him and then gives him special powers so he can survive in the world.  Zube, Brill and HesitANT never make it to the berries but they do learn to work together as a  team and they defeat Puggy once and for all.  


     A wonderful children's story that teaches many lessons with such fun characters.  My children and I enjoyed this book and it's terrific play on 'ant' words.  It's written in a style children will enjoy and yet parents won't feel like they just can't read again.  I highly recommend this book. The lessons of team work, how to deal with bullies, and accepting people for who they are make this book a fantastic one for all children. 


   I didn't find any issues with this one.


   I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it's educational but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment