Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Victorian Romance: Once Upon a War (Historical Lady Duke Romance) (Marriage Pregnancy Rogue Romance) by Julia Regan

     Anastacia Whisper is a modern young woman. She lives in an era of shocking behavior. Politics discussed, electricity is becoming more common place, and women are doing things to make their parents gasp.  Anastacia owns a bookstore. Yes, it is unheard of in this time, but she is proud of her accomplishment. One book seems to be making everyone uneasy. Parliament even banned it. Anastacia found a way around Parliament and a way to be happy.

     This book is really well written. It allows us to peek into a time full of changes. The characters are delightful and so easy to like. I think I could have been like Anastacia in that time period. This is a quick read, but it's very emotionally deep. I love that Ms. Regan discusses several issues prevalent to the time.  Get this one.

     I did find issues. In spots it reads a little awkwardly. Some of the wording doesn't fit the time period.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issues above.

No comments:

Post a Comment