Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Henry & Me by Sasha Clinton

     Max always wanted to be an actress. She was certain she'd be accepting awards in the near future. Life has a way of popping those huge ego balloons. When Max's pops, it makes a mess of her whole life. With nowhere to go, Max moves in with her brother and his wife. Now if she can only straighten out this mess she calls her life. Fate had one more surprise for Max and it was a mixed blessing.

     Well written and fully developed characters are what you'll find in the pages of this book. It's an easy read and you'll enjoy it. At times you'll root for Max and other times you'll just shake your head. It's nice to see the other side of Hollywood. 

     I did find an issue. This book is almost too easy to read. By that, I mean there aren't any real conflicts. I'd like to have seen some bumps along the road for Max and for Henry.  While the story is believable and relate-able, there isn't any real substance.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because of the issue listed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment