Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Adeline by Mark Torres

    A helpless Father. A disabled Mother.   A mysterious death that would haunt them through the years.  At the heart of it all, a happy young  girl.  Could anyone unravel the details and find the answer the family desperately needed? 
    Savoy Graves was hired to make sense of this mystery and time was limited. This case was gonna be difficult. Savoy jumped in with both feet, spurred on by the oddities he found along the way.

    This book is a fantastic read. The first thing you will notice is the large amount of characters introduced in a very short time. You will be knee deep in this mystery before you realize it. The page turning story will keep you reading until you get to the end.Great characters. Well plotted. Fast paced. Characters you can easily related to.  This book has it all.  Mr. Torres writes a very well rounded book. You'll be telling friends and family to read this one.

     The  only issue I found was the number of characters introduced in the first twenty-five pages. You almost need to take notes to keep track of everyone. I think it deprives the rest of the book in a way. Adding that number of characters a little at a time gives the reader a chance to weigh each character and decide whodunit.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because despite the issue I found, this one will make your flesh crawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment