Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, December 3, 2021

Alice in Dreamland by Roland S. Jefferson

      Taylor's life changed the day he got shot. Yeah, being a cop was something he loved, but a creep shot his left arm and it just sort of hangs there. Taylor was definitely bitter. He was also old school. Real old school. You know, racist, hateful and thinkin' women have one job. Take care of the menfolk.  He was about to get a wakeup call and wow would it wake him up.

     At first reading of this book, I wasn't sure I could finish it. Oh, it's extremely well written and the characters draw you out. You will have an opinion of the characters whether you want to or not. This book is told in a unique way. It creeps up on you. Even though you know it's 2021, you keep eyeing that calendar as you read. Surely this kind of behavior couldn't be so blatant.  But it is. This book is really a wakeup call for all Americans. It's real story is right there in front of you. It isn't hidden. No one has to point it out. I found this book eye opening and a bit scary. I think you will too. I know some won't make it through the first chapter. Others will read the entire book and their mouths will hang open in shock. It's amazing what can happen right before our eyes as we go through each day. Yes, those people we trust in Washington D.C. will only do what's best for us, right?  I read this book twice. Parts of it had to really sink in. I had to make sure I really read what was there in this book. It's magnificent and thought provoking. It's fun and sometimes a bit silly. I enjoyed the entire book.

     I didn't find any issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's gonna blow you away when you read it. 

1 comment:

  1. Bravo! Now this is a professional who knows her stuff. Straight forward and honest and objective. You can't ask for anything more.

    ReplyDelete