Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Broken Wing by Anna Klay

     Tarot cards predict the future of many of the towns people.  Pettington really is a small town.  Ray Long, having left his home to get away from the violence and anger, is trying to live a better life. It's not working though. The Tarot say many things and one of those things is Ray needs to deal with the violence.  Skye Roosevelt comes into his life and together they create a son. How will Ray deal with all the new stress?

     A book filled with colorful characters, this one will keep you on the edge of your seat.  Not in a good way though. It keeps you on edge because it starts off strong and goes nowhere.  Trying to be deep and philosophical, it just leaves and empty space.  Avoid this book.

     As I said above, there are issues. I think it could have been written better. Less metaphors and symbolizing.  

     I gave this one 2 cheers out of 5 because I know the path the author was looking for, she just never found it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment