Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Oliver and Jumpy by Werner Stejskal

     Oliver and Jumpy are best friends. They  have so many adventures together.  Oliver is a very handsome black cat.  Jumpy is a beautiful kangaroo.  Jumpy also has a child named Joey.  The three of them decide to go to Monkey Island in story 4.  Joey is kidnapped and Oliver must find a way to save him.  In story 5 they meet Milly the mole and she takes them on an adventure through caves.  She introduces them to Fairyland where they see the beautiful palace.  In story 6 a new table is needed. The  three go to an antique shop. The table they purchase proves to be even more special than they realize. It has a hidden draw that's holding a map.  Each character and adventure is full of lessons and fun.

     These characters will make an active imagination even more active.   I love the bright, wonderful illustrations.  Each one is a work of art.  The writing is spectacular. The little in your life will be begging for you to read these books to them. I found the stories funny and sweet. It involves things your child already enjoys, therefore you have a win-win.  I love the characters because even though they are animals, they are doing some very human things.  Delightful and quick, they are perfect just before nap or bedtime.  It's a lovely way to calm a child before sleeping.  Perfect addition to any library.

     I didn't find issues.

     I gave these books 5 cheers out of 5, can't wait to read these to littles in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment