Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, May 26, 2017

Heirs of Power (The Constellation Saga Book 1) by Kay MacLeod

     Kitty Fairlow was extremely happy. She and her fiance Luke are planning their wedding.  Kitty doesn't know everything about her family's history though. She will soon find out she belongs to a very special group of people. Kitty always thought she was an exceptional hunter. She is about to find out there is more to her than that. The Tenebri are on the move and Kitty will be called to fight.

     The basic story is terrific. The writing is good and the characters are three dimensional. The author includes very detailed accounts in this book. I enjoyed the easy going nature to this book. You will be surprised at what you learn as you read. 

     I did find issues. This book is an extremely slow read. There is plenty of action in the story but it doesn't move the story forward. It just kind of spins its wheels in place. You'll feel like you are zipping along and may have only moved two or three pages.  The other issue is this book is very complex. For the first book in the series, I'd like to learn more about who the characters are and what's ahead of them. In this one you sort of learn on the run.  Reworked, this book would be phenomenal. 

     I gave this book 3 cheers out of 5 because it just seemed to go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment