Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, February 12, 2024

Catching Rose Virginia Barlow

    May 1, 1872. This was to have been Rose's wedding day. The problem is the groom is a no show. Though family and friends try to console Rose, she is convinced he didn't want to marry her.  The guests are still milling around and family are making sure everyone is taken care of. Rose can't wipe the thoughts from her mind. Where could he be?

     Ms. Barlow created characters for this book that are so life-like it's easy to picture them in your mind. Then she wove a story around them with intrigue, love, and excitement. I really enjoyed this book and have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I was taken on a journey I hadn't expected. The spunk and determination of these characters is something to see. Get this book!

     About three-fourths of the way in, the book does slow down some. It relaxes the pace too much. In this same area, there is some repetitive passages.

      I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issues listed above.

No comments:

Post a Comment