Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Scandalous: Family Ties and Spies Monica Burns

      The last thing Amalie Rockwood wants to do is get married. She tells her parents she'll be happier at their home in Scotland. Though not happy about this turn of events, her parents accept it. It takes only one night for Amalie's life to change completely. The Earl of Sommerville is furious with Amalie. He also had no plans to marry. When she turns up in his rooms at her parents home, the Earl knows marriage is inevitable. 

   This book is captivating from the first page to the last. I applaud the unique storylines in this book. I thought they were handled in a brilliant way. Rarely do you see books with this combination. I enjoyed it immensely.  The book is well written with a keen eye to details. The characters are extremely well defined. You can't go wrong with this book. Get it now and add it to your TBR pile.

   I found it a bit long. It seems in spots Ms. Burns spreads the story a bit thin.

   I gave this one 5 cheers out 5 because even with the issue I found, it's a phenomenal book.

No comments:

Post a Comment