Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wolf With Benefits by Shelly Laurenston

     Toni is the oldest of eleven children.  Ten of these children are prodigies.  They also happen to be shifters. Jackals to be exact.  Toni was responsible for seeing to the schedules of her brothers and sisters. Her parents, also prodigies, were busy with their careers.  Toni meets Ricky Lee Reed, a shifter, a wolf shifter.  He's from Tennessee and as laid back and calm as he can be.  He meets Toni at the Sports Center and his life will never be the same again.  Their introduction comes after Toni's youngest brother, seven, asks Ricky Lee if he's the boys father. Ricky Lee has no idea this is Toni's way of putting men off.  Soon, he'll learn a lot more about this family.  Maybe enough to stay.

     A wonderfully written book with blunt, colorful characters awaits in this one.  Ms Laurenston included humor, southern charm and even some basic fears to make this book a real joy to read.  The family is devoted to each other and you don't see that much in books like this.  I enjoyed how well this book flowed.  Made me wonder how we would react if there were shifters among us now. Could we be accepting or would they be the next minority group given the cold shoulder?  I really did laugh out loud at parts of this book.  To be honest, it could have been my mother's family she wrote about. *grin* I for one can't wait for the next book by Ms Laurenston I get the chance to read.  This is a keeper.

     I found no issues with this one for me.  Some, however, may have problems with some of the blunt language.  Don't let it stop you from reading this one.

      I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because I howled at many parts of this book! *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment