Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sunblind (The Darkborn Legacy) by Michael Griffo

     Sixteen year old Dominy is struggling to deal with the recent changes in her life.  Her best friend Jess is dead as is Dominy's father.  Now she has to deal with many new issues.  One of those issues is someone is trying to kill her. She's not sure why but she intends to find out. With her friends and her boyfriend watching over her, Dominy sets out to get some answers.  She never realizes the answers will affect everyone.

     The character Gwen is adorably refreshing and naive.  The references to old sayings and items from the eighties makes this fun to read.  The characters are your typical teens and their problems are anything but.  Your teen will find this book exciting and a terrific read.

     I did find issues.  The book was longer than it needed to be. Too many "epic" battles along the way.  Also you'd need book one to know who the characters are and what the back story is.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because of the above issues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment