Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Caught In The Act by Kim Law

     Catherine Davenport Carlton has a full time job working at her family's foundation.  She's the one  who gives their name a positive spin.  Right now though, she needs a break.  Catherine decides to rent a cottage on the beach in Maine.  She'll have plenty of time alone before her two children join her.  Catherine didn't count on seeing Brody Hollister though.   To say she was surprised to learn Brody lived right next door was an understatement.  Her family had a compound not far away and they spent the summers there.  It was during one of these summer trips she met Brody.  What happened to them was unexpected to say the least. Neither knew it would tie them together forever.

     I SO loved this book.  I found it to be funny and sweet.  It does capture the heart quickly.  I felt the emotions and the closeness of these people.  I can relate to the family's keeping secrets too.  Well written and characters you'll never want to let go of, this book should be on your TBR pile.  I was rooting for Catherine throughout the book.  I also found myself hoping for more books about this family.  There are a couple of characters you'd like to boot out (*smile)  without them though, the book wouldn't be the same.  I encourage you strongly to check out this book and this author. You'll be glad you did.

     I didn't find any issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's such a smooth, easy read. 


BIO:
As a child, award-winning author Kim Law cultivated a love for chocolate, anything purple, and creative writing. She penned her debut work, “The Gigantic Talking Raisin,” in the sixth grade and got hooked on the delights of creating stories. Before settling into the writing life, however, she earned a college degree in mathematics and then worked as a computer programmer. Now she’s living out her lifelong dream of writing romance novels. She’s won the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart Award, has been a finalist for the prestigious RWA RITA Award, and has served in varied positions for her local RWA chapter. A native of Kentucky, Kim lives with her husband and an assortment of animals in Middle Tennessee.

CONTACT LINKS:
www.kimlaw.com
kim@kimlaw.com
twitter.com/kim_law
facebook.com/kimlawauthor
pinterest.com/kimlawauthor/


CAUGHT IN THE ACT
The Davenports, Book Two
Montlake Romance, Contemporary
January 27, 2015
Paperback & Kindle


No comments:

Post a Comment