Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, July 9, 2024

I will be back to it as soon as I can.

 New Health Update


On one hand the reviewer can't be compensated for their reviewws 

  I thought it was time to post an update.  I'm still healing, that's the best thing!  I still seem to have fun-house-like vision in my left eye.  It makes for some interesting days. lol.  Unfortunately, till have blood making may vision milky and hazy. It is diposting my reviews. Mr. Bezos also allowed my profile to be put bacfficult to read. I am still trying though. 

  I have noticed my visits here going from 900 to 7. I won't lie, it hurts and disappoints me but I haven't given up. I know I will be back to reading and reviewing before end of year. I miss it all. I understand my blog isn't as popular as thousands of others, but I keep reviewing. 

  I am still boycotting amazon. allowed my They have underhanded and unfair business practices. They expect anyone to spend $50 a year to post any review. If you receive a gift from amazon, you can't post a review about it. Unless, they get their $50.  If the Author, himself or herself, give you a copy of their book to review, unless they've gotten their $50. If you receive as a gift a book and want to review it, unless they've gotten their yearly $50 spent there.  They do however, have a rule about reviewers accepting payment for reviews.  If you do and someone reports you, they will not allow you to reviews for  any books. On one hand the reviewers can't accept compensation. On the other hand, amazon  can DU was shocked the first time anyone asked me to review for them/EMAND you spend $50. In essence , you are paying to post reviews. How is that a fair business act? In the past, Jeff Bezos  would "flip" whatever switch they need to and allow me to keep posting my reviews. Mr. Bezos also allowed my profile on amazon to be put back up.

  I know I sound like a crazed lunatic but I assure you, this is for real. I am 60 years old. I live on a budget so tight it squeaks. I don't have a penny extra at the end of the month. Getting free books to review is a dream come true for me. When I tell my Author friends I appreciate them, or I love my Author friends, It comes from the heart.   Authors are my favorite celebrities. 

I will be back at it as soon as I'm able. I do appreciate my members and those who stop by often.

MELANIE

 

1 comment:

  1. I apologize if I made errors in my post. Just shows the struggle I'm having with my sight.

    ReplyDelete