Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Bad Luck Officer by Suzie Ivy

    Suzie Ivy became a police officer a year after breaking her hip. She thought she knew what to expect, but boy was she surprised in some areas. She began her police career at Small Town Police Department, the only woman officer on that particular department.  The guys, though unsure of her, still treated her with respect and made her one of the guys, well most did.  Suzie was ready for her first day off field training. It meant she'd be in her cruiser alone. Responding to calls by herself.  The only problem was no one clued Murphy's Law into this fact. The day was less than stellar.  Two of the officers took her under their wing and helped her to fly. A year later she could never have imaged the changes in her and her life.

    Fascinating, scary and exciting all at once, this book will make you rethink how you see police officers.  If you ever dreamed of going on a police ride-along or wanted to become an officer, here's your chance to see what it really  involves. This is a true story!  Suzie Ivy gives a very detailed accounting of police training and life.  I LOVED this book! I know I seem to say that a lot, but a book has to really move me to get that reaction.  This one did.  The people are described so well you can almost smell the cologne on the men. The women? Well you can almost see them in action. *smile*  Details and issues I would never have dreamed are in this book. I really recommend it highly. It gave me a new respect for most officers, not all, but most.

     I found no issues in this one.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it took guts to survive this and write about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment