Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, March 10, 2014

Love & Haight by Tracey Madeley

      It was the 1960's and Solomon King was the first in his Irish family to attend college.  When he won the scholarship, it was even more amazing. Now off to America to learn and study.  Solomon couldn't wait.  He met some really nice people right from the beginning but he also met one woman he couldn't forget.  Petula seemed to be perfect yet they couldn't see eye to eye. Suddenly  it all came together for them and back to the UK they went.  Life would soon change forever.

     If you are looking for a book with romance and the true message of the 60's.. this is it! Well written, this book is a guided tour through the heart of two young people and the 60's as they saw them.  Characters you could find in any poster of the time period, you'll fall in love with them.  I read right through this book 3 times. It was that terrific.

     I did find one small issue. It does bog down in spots and seems to take awhile to get back on track, but other than that, it's a fantastic read.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it gave me a new perspective of the 1960's.

No comments:

Post a Comment