Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Wizard In Wonderland by Ron Glick

     Ever wonder what happened after Dorothy and Toto went home?  They are now living in Oz with Aunty Em and the rest of the family.  Oz is different now too.  It's still the beautiful place you remember but the wicked witches are no longer active.  Everyone lives in peace.. or so it would seem.  News travels to Oz of a wicked witch searching for Dorothy.  Dorothy, however, is searching for the wizard. He seems to have just disappeared.  While looking for him, Dorothy and Alice, from wonderland, meet.  Things get quite mixed up from there.  Alice ends up in Oz and Dorothy in Wonderland.  Each girl must try to adapt and figure out how to get home from where they are.  

     A mix of Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz, this book will keep you on your toes.  Well written and the lovely twist of two classics melding into one book, make this a fun read.   Interestingly enough, this twist works.  It gives the reader a chance to imagine what it would be like to be in Dorothy or Alice's shoes.  Mr. Glick does a fantastic job of staying true to both stories while adding a few of his own characters.  I enjoyed this one.  It felt like I'd been dropped, with Dorothy, into Wonderland and with Alice, into Oz.  I was once again twelve years old and reading two of my favorite books. 

     I did find it a bit confusing at times because there is so much going on. I felt it worked out in the end though.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's an enjoyable read for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment