Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, July 31, 2015

Transcending Queen by S.K. Thomas

     Melissa is still trying to come to grips with the death of her husband. It was shocking and violent.  Jack, her friend, asks her to help him with a case.              There is a priest who isn't who he says he is. Jack and Melissa use the fact she'd just lost her husband as their "in".  She needed counselling.  Things seldom go as planned.  No one expected her to fall in love with the questionable priest.  The next question is, can she still do her job effectively? 

     This story is a good one, it just needs a little help.  I applaud Melissa. She's trying to deal with her personal issues and work a case. It is difficult at best.  The lessons herein, whether she can remain on the side of law and order, or will she protect her priest. I felt her pain and her joy. It's a very quick read.  

     I did find issues.  Conversations need to be made easier to read. Start a new paragraph for each person talking. It makes it hard to follow the way they are now. It also needs to show more clearly Father Clayton's misdeeds.  

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because the story is a good one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment