Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, February 25, 2017

Audrey's Promise by Susan Sheehey

     Audrey's campaign was in full swing and she's decided to go back to her hometown for awhile. She knew things would be difficult there, but Audrey felt it was time to be part of her family again. The voters called her 'The Peacemaker' and she hoped it worked in her favor when she reached home. To add to her stress, an investigative reported asks to tag along. Audrey didn't want her secret to be told.

    Great characters who are fully developed and relate-able give this book a perfect start. You'll be touched by this story and you may need tissues. It really pulls at the heartstrings.  Secrets and small towns go together like PB&J. I could sympathize with Audrey because all of the small towns I've lived in were like this. 

     I did find issues. Though the basic story is good, it reads very slowly. I feel portions of the book could have been removed or shortened to make it read better.

     I give this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issues above.

1 comment: