Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, December 19, 2011

Review of: Maud's House by Sherry Roberts

A Vermont farmhouse that became a canvas for Maud's art. In the family 
for generations, her house became a tourist attraction. Maud Calhoun painted
whenever and where ever on the house she wanted to. Her father encourages her.
Then she meets George and life changes, not always for the better. He tried to 
change Maud.  The eclectic towns people know everything that happens in the 
area.  Everyone knows everyone else's business. New people bring new outlooks
and make you stop and think. Reminds you there is more than one way to look
at things.

I liked this book. It showed small towns don't enjoy change and will fight it 
quite a bit.  It followed Maud through the changes in her life and gave you insight
into why she paints the way she does. You'll be surprised at the outcome. The town
was too.  I didn't enjoy the way it seemed to drag. I understand the author was
using the "talks" with George to show why Maud was the way she was, however,
it was a slow read because of that.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 books because of the way it dragged. Never really grabbed
my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment