Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, May 6, 2013

Day After by Emi Gayle

     Winford Thomas' life was about to change in ways he never dreamed possible.  His girlfriend, Mackenzie, is non-human and she's chosen Winn to be her teacher.  Neither of them realizes just what that will encompass when they agree to take the path together.  Before Winn can begin to teach Mac what she needs to know about her kind, he'll have to be approved by the Council of 12.  Seems easy enough, until he meets them.  Mac must choose which form she will take by age 19 and she will begin ruling one of the factions then.  While Winn tries to unravel the mystery that is her kind, they will both learn things about their lives they couldn't have guessed.  Winn has six months to teach Mac all she needs to know.  

     Superbly written with characters of depth, this book is one YA you'll want to read.  It's fascinating and mysterious.  You'll find yourself just as surprised as the characters as things begin to unfold.  Emi Gayle gives us a wonderful book in Day After.  I recommend this as a stand alone book or as you can see from the cover, it's book two of the 19th year trilogy.  Seldom do you find a series where the books can stand alone and be terrific in their own right.  Get this series. You'll love it.

     I found no issues in this one.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because I was swept along at a wonderful pace with this book.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reviewing the book and yeah for 5 cheers! I feel so blessed!

    ReplyDelete