Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, May 10, 2013

Nobody's Child by Lisa PeCai

     An abusive and cheating husband lead the woman to seek out an abortion of the child she carried.  The method was crude but ineffective. The baby would be born. From birth the child knew no love or compassion. Her mother beat her and did all she could to send her away or let her die.  The girl became wise early on and stole to eat and stayed out of her mother's path.  By age ten, she was locked away simply because her mother saw something bad in her.  Life for this girl would never be easy but eventually after she moved to America, she learned pride and love.  

     This candid look at the life of one child who was unwanted, will touch your heart.  There are also parts that will turn your stomach.  Ms PeCai does such a wonderful job of relating this true life story, you'll feel like you are in Romania.  I am constantly amazed at the human suffering we know nothing about until a book like this comes along. Read this one and you'll look at life differently.

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because it is just a bit to graphic for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment