Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Gamble of Hearts by Virginia Barlow


   March 1812 in London is a dark time. Lady Amora Hargrove finds out just how twisted her brother is. She was trying to stay out of his way. His temper was explosive. Since their father died, her brother was the new Earl of Hargrove.  He made Lady Amora's life a nightmare. He spent his time gambling or chasing women. Who was going to save her from this mess?

   The beginning of this book is very original. I don't think I've ever read a book where the brother is showing his true self so openly. I found it does have some heartbreaking places throughout. Ms. Barlow brings with her a strong will to make this book come alive. The characters are detailed and allow us to see the good and the bad. Amora's brother even shows his black heart. The pace of the book is very smooth. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

  I found no issues here.

  I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because the subject matter can be botched but Ms. Barlow handled it very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment