Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Duplicitous Debutante by Becky Lower

     Nineteen year old Rosemary is a little unconventional. Of course she comes from an unconventional family.  Rosemary's family supports women working outside the home.  Very few people agree with the idea of women in business. Rosemary writes dime store novels.  She's very happy until she receives a letter stating she has a new publisher.  He wants to meet his new authors.  Rosemary knew she had to find someone  to portray F.P. Elliott.  
     Henry Cooper is given the small publishing company as a test. His father wants to see if his son can step into the family business. Henry is ready for the challenge.  When he meets Rosemary, he's certain she's the woman for him. Now, if only she'd confide in him. Tell him her secret.  Henry is prepared to wait though.

     Modern and funny, this book was a delight to read. I enjoyed the banter between Rosemary and Henry.  The energy between them is palpable.  I laughed out loud in some spots. I can well imagine this family living in any city in the world.  I was thrilled they held true to their families thoughts and beliefs.  You'll enjoy how the women of Rosemary's family seem to be in charge.  This really is a lovable bunch. Well plotted and easy to relate to characters make this an easy read.

     I didn't find any issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it's liberated women in a time when they were frowned on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment