Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Free My Heart of Grief to Love by Sandra Moore Bersen

    Sandra's life has been difficult.  Just how difficult she discusses in this book for all to see.  Going through so many trials and tribulations can react badly to anyone, but how can you get through this with your heart, mind and soul in tact.  It isn't easy and Sandra shares her journey.

    I will preface this by saying it took me so very long to read and review this book for one very simple reason.  Sandra talks about her son Ray and his death in the opening of the book.  My dad's name is/was Ray and he died of a gunshot to the head as well. It made it very hard for me to get passed that and into the book.  I am glad I did though.  Sandra shares the good, bad and the ugly.  In places I could feel the hurt as she wrote.  I'm sure you will get the message loud and clear in this wonderful book.  There is life after intense grief.  It's not easy to get to and it's a long way out, but it's there.  

      I did find a couple of issues. The book is a little disjointed in spots and includes some statements I didn't feel were necessary to an experienced reader.  There are some graphic parts, but didn't feel they were needed either.

    I gave this book 4 out of 5 cheers because the message rings clear!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment