Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Cherokee Talisman by David-Michael Harding

     The Cherokee are known as The Real People.  A Cherokee chief known to the white man as "Dragging Canoe" and his people are being asked to make land concessions yet again. This time he refuses to sign the treaty but others do sign.  While at this meeting a young boy called Totsuhwa meets and becomes like a son to Dragging Canoe.  The war chief gives the boy a Talisman and keeps him safe. This talisman travels through generations and many miles. Each holder of the talisman doing their best for the Cherokee people.

     As a member of the Cherokee tribe, I was amazed and delighted by this book. Mr. Harding does  a wonderful job of researching for his books.  You can see the work that he puts into his books when you read them. Well written and such relatable characters you can't help but enjoy each one.  I enjoyed the "other side" of the land treaty story. No one has ever been brave enough or kind enough to share it until now.

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because this book touched me deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment