Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Early Thursday: A War, A Hurricane, A Miracle! by Linda S. Cunningham

     Walt is from South Louisiana. He's twelve years old and his Papa calls him Boy. Walt didn't know what his future would be like but he knew he didn't want it like his life now. He wanted his Mama to be happy and healthy. He wanted his family, except his Papa, to have a home where their lives would be good. They wouldn't have to struggle.

     This book is a good one. It's hard to read, in a way, because of the hard story it tells. It hits at the center of your heart and then shreds it. It's an important story to be told though. Too many live like this. The writing is good. The characters well defined and three dimensional. I recommend this one for teens and adults. It will give you  a clearer center of gravity. It will teach valuable lessons.  Add it today to your TBR pile or library.

     I did find issues. It really drags. It beats a point to death. It jumps to too many characters. Keep it somewhat simple. Last, it isn't as focused as it could be.

    I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because of the issues above. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment