Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Review of: A Place Called Home by Jo Goodman


An accident changed Thea Wyndham and Mitchell Baker's lives forever. They always thought they were prepared to take on the responsibilities of godparents until it happened.  Thea, a busy advertising executive, didn't want to mother 3 children. She had a  great life and a man she loves, well maybe loves.  He definitely didn't want children. Mitch, a busy political cartoonist and single guy, figured he'd be sharing the kids with Thea.  Both learn a lot about themselves, the children and each other before it's all said and done.  Maybe their friends, Gabe and Kathy, knew what they were doing after all.  It had been their idea to put Thea and Mitch down as godparents and legal guardians.  After all, life is all about learning and growing, right?


I couldn't stop reading this one. I thought to start it and then finish tomorrow. Didn't happen. The further I got into this book, the more I wanted to know.  It's funny, romantic and full of love!  This one will definitely have you reaching for the tissues in places.  The issues I had with it are that I felt having an addict and child abuse in the same story was rough. It almost made me want to drag the character out of the book for the kids safety.  I think one or the other would have been sufficient.  


I gave this book 4 out of 5 because of the addict and child abuse. They seemed like overkill to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment