Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Other Side of Night by Chris Martin

     Twelve year old Luke Farmer and his two best buddies, Ethan and Bobby spend a lot of time together. They know they can count on each other at any time.  It's a good thing too when strange things start happening in the park one day. Luke had been trying to coax a Golden Retriever from the woods for quite awhile and he finally succeeded. Just as he and his "new" dog Boone are getting acquainted his buddies show up.  They show Luke  a cell phone in the park.  While they are looking it over, it rings.  It really becomes a mystery after that and the boys have to decide who to trust.

     This novella is just right for the boy who likes to read but doesn't have the patience to sit for a long time.  It's fun, mysterious, and filled with action most kids will love.  I say kids and not just boys because my twelve year old daughter thought it was terrific!  The story is well executed and the characters are upstanding young men.  Check this one out for the child in your life. You won't regret it.

    I  found no issues with this one.

    I gave this one 5 out of 5 books because it really kept the attention yet seemed to be just the right size for those impatient kids. *smile*

2 comments:

  1. Great review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the novella. Thank you so much for taking the time to not only read it, but to also write this review. I really appreciate it.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete