Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Domino Effect by Andrew Cotto

     Danny's father had a  motto he lived by, included everyone. The problem was, it created pressure for Danny with his friends.  Danny's father tried to make him see his decisions  effected others, even those he wouldn't think of. Danny, of course didn't see this in his day to day life until his senior year of high school.  He'd attended three schools by this point and had few friends left.  Little by little Danny began to see where his decisions influenced the events of other around him.  Now he could decide to do what was right and take the punishment or leave all the tatters and pieces created by his actions.

    This book is difficult to describe in that it can mean many things.  I found the messages in this book wonderful for anyone, not just young people.  Mr. Cotto weaved together a story that will make you laugh, bring you to tears and  finally cheer for the underdog.  Everyone will pick something up from their childhood in this book.  Great, full characters and meaty writing makes this one to add to your to be read pile. I recommend this for everyone.

     I did find one issue. I felt the three chapters making up the "prologue" was a bit much. I felt I'd just gotten into the book and it stopped to say "now, we'll begin the real book part." It is distracting and  the three chapters could have easily been woven into a page or two.

    I gave this one 4 out of 5 cheers because of the "prologue".

No comments:

Post a Comment