Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Rise of the Magi (A Lila Gray Novel) by Jocelyn Adams

       Something is happening to the Fae people and those in surrounding areas.  No one is certain how to defeat those causing this destruction.  Lila Gray is their only hope.  Though she may eopardize her family and her people, she is the only one who can save them.  Lila has to believe in herself and her abilities before she can think about saving the people around her.  

     This story might have been a good one, but I couldn't get passed the language.  It never really seemed to project the mystical or magical ways of the Fae people.  I think of the Fae people and their neighbors as being more advanced, more enlightened.  I really felt the story could have been better.

     I did find issues. I felt the coarse language wasn't warranted in this story.  It seemed truly out of place.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because of the language. 

No comments:

Post a Comment