Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, March 2, 2015

Savvy Stories: Funny Things I Learned From My Daughter by Dan Alatorre

     Life is forever changed when Dan and his wife welcome Savannah, their daughter.  From the rough days right after childbirth to the first year of Savvy's life, Dan shares it all.  These new parents meet reality vs the baby books.  Lessons will be learned the hard way- by trial and error.  Milestones and surprises make the first year a busy one. This book will give you a look into one set of parents' way of dealing with things.  

     I did enjoy this book.  It took me back to when my three were newborns.   It's a heartwarming book and parents will enjoy seeing that someone else dealt with these issues too.  We weren't alone.  Funny and scary in equal parts, I felt like I could shout," I agree with you." in so many areas.  One thing that comes through easily is the love The Alatorre's have for their daughter.  Some of the stories will bring laughter and others will bring tears.  Oh the changes a new baby brings.

     I did find some issues.  It's repetitive in places.  It rambles at times, but that is how we are as parents.  Much could be removed and there wouldn't be  any affect to the story at all.  In places it's more like a memoir of Dad more than funny things learned from his daughter.  I'm sure there were many more things Dan could have shared in place of these things.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issues noted above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment