Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, October 26, 2015

Mike's Way Back by Amy Gregory

     Mike had the perfect job. He was working in Chicago as a detective. If it hadn't been for his promise to his mother, he'd still be there.  She wanted him home where she could keep an eye on him.  The troubles Mike was dealing with didn't stay behind, they still haunt him.

     The characters are strong and the writing solid in this book.  I enjoyed the basic story very much.  Being able to see the author drag Mike and Taryn out of their shells was terrific.  I was right there with them as the romance grew. You'll enjoy this easy read.

     I did find issues.  The pacing of this book is a little too quick. I can't imagine things happening as quickly as the author said they did.  The other problem is the characters are too perfect. No flaws. Nothing to have you rooting for the couple.  

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issues stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment