Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Goodbye, My Love (Roxanne's Ghost Saga #1) by Maggie Tideswell

     Jess really wants this job. Her friend thinks she's perfect for it because Jess loves kids. Being a nanny was fun for her and she knew she could convince Dr. Arnold to hire a young woman vs an old one.  The fact it was Friday the 13th didn't matter to Jess.
     Ben was still mourning his wife's passing. It had been a long, difficult year for him and his four-year-old daughter. A nanny was just what they needed to move on with life and for Ben to concentrate on his veterinary business. 
     The only issue is can they both survive his wife's sisters.

     This is a touching story of love and loss. It will definitely pull those heart strings and tears. It's unique in the background as well. One would not normally consider the issues contained in the story. I'm sure they happen often though. The characters are well defined and the writing okay.

     I did find issues though. The book reads slow. I think part of that is because of the order of the plot. I would like to have seen the prologue or first chapter telling the back story. When a chapter pops up that suddenly introduces Marigold and Daisy, you are left to guess what's going on. I would also have liked that same prologue or first chapter to include what happened to Amber at birth. I think it would already set the thoughts flowing. It would also make the story tighter.  More could have been included about Ben in those areas too. It just felt choppy as I read it and let the reader get lost.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because of the issues above. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment