Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, December 27, 2021

Jane Eyre 2006

      I am embarrassed to say I have never read Jane Eyre. I tried. Lord knows I tried. I just couldn't get through the dry reading. After my fifth attempt, after I graduated high school, I gave up.

      Just before Christmas I was watching some movies with my girls and Jane Eyre popped up. The girls had gone to bed and I decided to see if it was as dry as the book. The actors in the movie are Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson. Well the movie began and I suddenly found myself absorbed in  it. This was good, I thought. I kept watching and I found the movie to be outstanding!  I couldn't break away from it.  The actors gave such life to the characters. You could believe Mr. Stephens was indeed Rochester and Ms. Wilson truly Jane Eyre.  Until Mr. Stephens and Ms. Wilson accepted these parts, they were but dead characters between the pages of a book. Mr. Stephens and Ms. Wilson are the ONLY ones to make Rochester and Jane real. I could believe they were the people they portrayed.

     If you want to see a Jane Eyre movie that will stick with you, this is it. This movie has found it's place in my mind and continues to haunt me. I've watch parts of the movie so many times I know the words by heart. The pain, the romance and the love will stay buried in your heart for a very long time.  Do yourself a favor and watch this one!


      Before you read below let me give you a warning. My thoughts on Church and Christianity aren't what most folks agree with.

     

     I now know why I couldn't get through the book. The broad use of sin, Christianity and good Christians was more than I could take. I lived a little of Jane's early life. I was subjected to it by my grandparents on The Carrico side. I learned less than they would have liked because of the slaps in the mouth. The spankings and other such fun tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment