Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, January 3, 2022

The Rembis Report: An Observation by Mike Rembis

      The Rembis Report is a writing exercise expanded. Author Mike Rembis wanted to expand his thoughts and his wording to help in his work. This is the result of that project. It really took on a life of it's own and truth be told, Mr. Rembis was enjoying the freeing ability it gave him.

     This book is interesting and a unique read.  You will learn things you wondered about or have crossed your path in the past. It's at this point I have to depart from the glowing words or specific things I found wrong with the book. Mr. Rembis accomplished his goal. He expanded his thinking and wording. He should have stuck to that. If however, Mr. Rembis wanted to share with personal friends, family or the really "big" fans, this would have been perfect for that. At first I found it a nice read. By the time I got  to the second reading, my feelings were confirmed. I felt like I was reading a family "diary". It became more about updating friends and family. Items only of interest to family and friends made up most of the book. I hesitate to even call it a book.

    A book implies a story, information of interest of a section of the public or a very specific group interested in a topic. This didn't include any of that. It was personal. It was silly. It was local. It wasn't for the public. It was as though Mr. Rembis said to himself," If I have to write, I'm gonna make it pay."

     Issues have already been discussed.

     I gave this one 1 cheer out of 5. It should have stayed in your "writing den."

No comments:

Post a Comment