Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rys-Rising by Tracy Falbe

In another world, civil unrest is just as much a part of their lives as it has been for others.  The Rys, Tabre, and humans were trying to coexist in one world.  The Rys were considered the lowest of the low. The Tabre thinking themselves superior tried to keep the Rys as slaves and under their thumb.  It was a battle of magic, wits and intelligence.  They even tried to breed to Rys with Tabres in hopes of enhancing the Tabre race. What happened was not expected. The Tabre's left their Rys children to fend for themselves and they went back to their city.  Humans became instrumental in helping the Rys to overthrow the Tabre.  


This book is like a soap opera. There are so many characters and so much complex information, you really have to be in the "zone" to get this book.  It's good, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed it. It just seemed to try to tie to many knots in one place. You will enjoy the colorful people and the new things you learn.


I did find this one to be a tough read for someone who doesn't read a LOT of fantasy.  It was complex, full of characters and hard to follow. 


I gave this one 3 out of 5 books because of the complexity of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment