Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, December 8, 2014

Romantic Road by Blair McDowell

     Lacy couldn't believe it. Her husband of just five short years gone.  How empty her life would be without him. Then again, the past few years hadn't been terrific.  Not knowing what to do, Lacy drove to their cabin.  She'd spend some time there and relax. Work out the problems.  It was on the trip there her life began to take a turn.  Soon, Lacy would reach out to friends in Canada where things would get darker than ever. Did she even know her late husband?   Lacy's journey was just beginning.

     This book is a terrific suspense/romance book. I loved that it covered so much of the world in telling the story. I felt as if I were viewing the sites myself, not second hand.  I could relate to the female main character. I've had friends who went from "nobody" to "Mrs. Park Avenue".  I loved the uniqueness of it as well.  It touched me deeply.  You'll enjoy this easy read. 

     I did find issues. It was slowly paced and seemed a little out of sequence in the last four chapters.  Those are the only things I had a problem with.  

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the issues I noted. 

     

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the review, Melanie! I hope your readers would like to read it.
    If so, they can win a copy of Romantic Road on Goodreads until Dec. 31st! Enter to win today: https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/118554-romantic-road

    ReplyDelete