Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, June 5, 2015

OOPS! I Wet My Bed by Paul M. Kramer

     Cynthia is five years old. She's also experiencing something new.  She wakes up and is extremely wet. No one is sure why though.  Cynthia is given a new potty and her parents work with her to keep the potty monsters away.  Cynthia is worried about not being able to make it to the potty.  It really scares her when she tries to poop in the potty.

     I think this is a fantastic guide for parents beginning the potty training phase of their child's life.  There are many suggestions on how to get the ball rolling.  It's well written and the illustrations are amazing.  I like that this book let's parents and children know it's okay if you wet the bed, but there are ways to prevent it.

     I did find issues. Since most children this age (5), are afraid of monsters, I don't think the inclusion of them is a good thing. There are other ways to express what the monsters are trying to say.

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the monster issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment