Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Replacement by Jason Pellegrini

     Patrick Sullivan is a cop. His career has been difficult at best. Living in Long Island, Patrick hoped things would get better. He's called in to replace a retiring detective. At first Patrick doesn't like the detective he's replacing. The guy wanted to train Patrick before he left. From there it becomes a nightmare.

     Made it to page 100 before I started learning what the real story line was. This book has to much filler and not enough getting to the point. Thrilling, horrific, bloody and unimaginable make this a story you want to read. The characters were developed a little but could have used more definition.  The writing is good, just need to be able to pick one story line and go with it. This book reads as if the author had several ideas for books and included them all in here.  There are many things about the story that are never made clear.

    The issues above.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because of the issues listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment