Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, March 12, 2018

Fireburn by Apple Gidley

     When Anna's mother passes away in London, all Anna can think about is going home. Home is on the island of Saint Croix. The trip back home isn't easy but with determination, Anna will make it. She's not ready, however, for the changes happening to the island and her family's home. 

     This book has passion, love and family as the key ingredients. Add to that some long-held customs, stubborn people and lots of tension and anything can happen. The characters are deeply developed and bring a richness to the story that's hard to miss. The writing is solid and the research very apparent. 

     I did find some issues. There seems to be tons of havoc in this book but not much else. It's as though the research replaced a fantastic story. The last three chapters or so weren't needed. They prolong the book but have no other purpose. The wonderful detail in this story both make and break it. 

     I gave this one 4 cheers out of 5 because of the reasons above.

No comments:

Post a Comment