Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Gideon Lee by Lisa Orchard

     Lark comes from a single parent home.  She's never known her father because her mother won't talk about him.  Mostly, Lark shrugs her shoulder at it all and depends on her music to carry her away.  Lark is a good student and fantastic at the guitar.  Her guitar is her life.  Of course she has friends, but very few.  Now that she's a senior in high school, she wants to know about her father.  If only she can get her mother to open up about him.  Lark's life is changing and she's decided her father should be part of it all. 

     I felt I knew Lark when I began reading this book. She reminded me of a couple of kids I went to school with.  The writing is outstanding and all the characters fit right in.  I felt each of Lark's emotions.  It was so easy to get wrapped up in this book.   This one is an easy read and those who enjoy the YA genre, this is perfect for you.  I highly recommend Ms Orchard's book.

     I only found on thing that bothered me just a tad. I didn't like the cliffhanger ending. *grin* 

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because this one tugs the heart strings.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to review my story and for the awesome review! Both are greatly appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete