Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Her Past's Present by Michael Poeltl

     Tess has had a rough life. Not only has she experienced death at a young age, she's had every type of bad luck a person can have.  Her brother committed suicide when she was young and Tess blamed herself. Her husband decides to leave her after their daughter turns six months. Now Tess is dealing with a new anxiety disorder. Not sure what will happen next, Tess decides to sign herself into a new mental health facility. She's certain, with some help, she can overcome all these issues. Her parents give their blessing and agree to watch over her daughter while Tess gets help.  Her journey will encompass more than even she realizes.

     Each page of the book brings you closer to Tess and what her purpose in life is.  This author leads you ever so slowly and subtly deeper into the well plotted story.  You will see both sides of Tess as she journeys into her own mind.  Even Tess learns things she never expected to. I felt this book was very psychological. It may take some time, but stick with it and I know you'll be surprised by the out come. 

     I did feel the author seems to dissect every action. It's needed in some places and not in others.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it really asks some hard questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment