Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Nick's Very First Day of Baseball by Kevin Christofora

       Nick's mom signs him up for baseball. Nick is very excited to be part of the team. He practices throwing and catching with his dog. Nick's friends also sign up and the excitement doubles. Once they start baseball, they learn more than how to play the game. They learn very basic skills to make it easier to understand.

     This book has beautiful illustrations to go along with a wonderful story. I so enjoy the way the coach approaches the game and practices. He really  gets the kids interested and they want to be outside and enjoying what they learn. I know your children will love this story and want to read or have it read to them over and over. The surprise of this book is it helps parents understand the basic rules of baseball. This is a keeper.

     The only thing I saw I would change is the pages with a light blue box. It makes it a little difficult to read it.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because this author is donating books to children in a NYC hospital. He also gives teachers, librarians and schools a break on the price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment