Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Burden of an Ancient Oath (New York Murder Mysteries #1) by Joshua Brown

      Moving into a new home can be stressful for everyone. The stress doubled for Marilyn Crossley. She was dealing with a mystery seemingly attached to the house. Marilyn decides she needs someone to look into this situation.  She finds private investigator, Jack Mercer.  After discussing the mystery  with with him, he agrees to take the case. Now if he can just figure out what it all means.

     This story really makes you stop and think. The characters are three dimensional and fun to learn about. This unique book is well written and one you will enjoy from the first page. The journey Mr. Brown takes us on is an interesting one. Mr. Brown gives the reader bits and pieces of the mystery but never enough to solve the problem. You need to add this one to your TBR pile.

     There were a couple of issues with this book. First, I would love to have learned more about the Witchfinder General. It's just dropped in the story without anything to back it up. The second issue is how are families pegged as good or evil? This is something we need to know.

     I gave this one 3 cheers out of 5 because I feel the two issues above are a vital part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment