Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Psych Ward Notes: Surviving Anxiety & Depression by Peter Vox

       When you are in high school, the last thing you need is more things to deal with.  How do you deal with anxiety or depression? It's not easy. If parents are having similar issues, it's even more difficult to handle. Small slights become a major event. Being a little down just gets deeper in a hole. So what happens next?

     This book is such an amazing read. It really gets into the nitty gritty of mental health. I really enjoyed learning more about mental illness and how some handle it. It's sobering to see how one man was brave enough to say I should be hospitalized. The writing is clear and the subject matter told in a down to earth way. It's not something you should be afraid of. Embracing your own mental illness is the most empowering thing you can do. I thank and applaud this author for showing himself mentally to the world, warts and all. Not many would be able to do that. You've got to read this. It's sort of a how-to-manual for recognizing things to discuss with your doctor or another adult. I found it very refreshingly honest.

     I didn't find any issues. It's very clear from page one to page none.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it really is a great tool for mental health.

No comments:

Post a Comment