Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Monday, March 14, 2016

Expect Trouble by JoAnn Smith Ainsworth

     It's 1943 and Lieutenant Olivia Delacourt is assigned her first really important mission. She is anxious to show the powers-that-be just how efficient she is. Olivia's first surprise comes when she finds out who her commanding officer will be. Barrington Drew III is someone Olivia's known since high school. As they set up their offices and welcome staff, she wonders what this mission will entail. The entire staff is in for a huge surprise. 

     I am elated about this book. Well written, plotted well AND history? It's a sure fire winner. The characters are well defined and three dimensional. Ms. Ainsworth tells this story in an easy manner and keeps you asking for more. I found myself rooting for Olivia and her team. Imagine if this were a true story. It would add another layer to World War II.  I enjoyed the setting and getting acquainted with the characters. I am ready for more of Ms. Ainsworth's work! This book would make for an amazing mini-series.

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of  5 because I love history. 

No comments:

Post a Comment