Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Perry Road by Emi Gayle

     The year is 2132.  Nothing is as you remember it.  There is now the American Union and the United States. Two separate countries. A fifteen foot wall separates them.  It's also Erianna's eighteenth birthday. The day she becomes an adult.  She will register for a job. It's the law.  Then she will be required to go to the house listed on her email.  Once there she will be trained and readied for the world.  Somehow though things don't end up going as they should. Eri, or Anna as she is now known, will find out things no one else knows. She will come face to face with her past.  Anna wonders if she's adult enough to handle it all. With a leap of faith, she moves forward. 

     Another amazing book from Emi Gayle! She is a fantastic storyteller who engages your  mind, heart and imagination all at once.  This book gave me pause.  I couldn't imagine the world changing so in my children's lives.  Bold, straightforward and equal parts heartbreaking and empowering, this book is one you'll keep.  I think the readers will enjoy some of the changes in this world created by Emi Gayle. Others, they will be upset about.  I think one thing that stuck with me, among the hundreds of things, was that in this year 2132, breast cancer is still not cured.  GET THIS BOOK! Your TBR pile will be enhanced by it.

     I found no issues.

     I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because the thought provoking contents is still with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment