Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Friday, September 20, 2013

The Naked Way by Chris Henry

      It's the 1990's and the world is changing.  Eli and his misfit friends are part of the world many wouldn't understand. Each one of them dealing with some serious issues and trying to help their friends.  Sex, drugs and rock'n'roll are a huge part of their lives.  Religion in the background, the group is picking their way through life and failing at every turn.  Eli is the voice of reason most of the time.  He's fallen in love but isn't sure the girl is in love with him.  War brings the fractured group of friends together with peace as a common goal.  Question is, will any of them come out the other side better off?

     I read this book twice because it's so good. It encapsulates a generation of people who are dealing with great change.  The writing is solid and really pulls you in.  You'll enjoy this book and cheer some of the characters and boo others.  You might even recognize people you know.

     I found no issues with this one.

   I gave this one 5 cheers out of 5 because it really captured the Gen X people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment