Welcome!

I review all genres and I post them in 30 spots. Check out previous posts and I'm sure you'll find several books to catch your interest. I am a published reviewer and an award winning one. I am one of the best reviewers around. CELEBRATING 14 YEARS OF BOOK REVIEWS!!

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

All I Wanted Was To Be Called Mum by Steve and Vaso Petrou

     The true story of one couple's attempt to become parents. It tells all. The emotions and decisions made will hit you right in the heart and soul. 

     I was amazed at  the strength and compassion this couple has. They really went through more than the average couple to have a child. As you read this, you'll want to hug the two of them. Their love and commitment should touch all of us.

    I did find issues. I realize this is your story to tell, but you started too far back in your history. No table of contents, just blank pages with chapter titles on them. No one needs to learn how and where you met. Stick to the subject at hand. I also feel this book was too long. I'm not a fan of the "conversation-like" way the chapters roll.  I think it would be better if so many chapters are Steve's and then the rest are Vaso's.  

     I gave this one 2 cheers out of 5 because it was disjointed reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment